Boys Home is now accepting applications for the following position:
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT TO ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF PROGRAM
JOB DESCRIPTION/GENERAL DEFINITION OF WORK:
Performs skilled clerical work requiring a qualified typist; does related work as required.
Performs work under general supervision of the Office Manager.
- Maintains ILSP student files;
- Assists and supports Program Director in fulfilling duties;
- Provides clerical assistance to Program personnel as requested;
- Expedites correspondence with guardians/agencies by typing and/or formatting letters and reports;
- Produces Admission/Discharge memos for ILSP;
- Maintains Citizenship Roster and Honor Roll;
- Records serious incidents/school incidents;
- Maintains tickler file for student reports;
- Coordinates Spring Awards Banquet;
- Serves as Receptionist when required;
- Performs related tasks as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
General knowledge of standard office practices, procedures, equipment and secretarial techniques; general knowledge of Business English; spelling and arithmetic; ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions; ability to meet the public effectively; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
A combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school good working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and some clerical experience.
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Associate Director of Program