Food service professional
GSI Boys Home in Covington, VA is now hiring a reliable and hardworking food service professional to join our All-Star team! Qualified applicants will be flexible to perform a variety of food service duties to include cooking, cleaning, dishwashing, etc.
Pay: Based on Experience
Schedule: Must be flexible to work days, evenings, weekends, holidays, etc. This position will start with 20-25 hours per week and will have the opportunity to become full time at a later date
How to apply: Please apply in person at GSI-Boys Home, 414 Boys Home Rd, Covington, VA 24426 anytime between the hours of 10-2 Monday thru Friday. Ask for Gary Price. Applicants must bring a valid Drivers License or Government Issue ID and their social security card with completing their application.
- Prepare and cook food items according to recipes, daily menus, and supervisor instructions.
- Clean and inspect kitchen equipment, kitchen appliances, and work areas in order to ensure cleanliness and functional operation.
- Operate food station, including performing station checklist, temperature log, counter meeting, and signage.
- Requisition food supplies, kitchen equipment, and appliances, based on estimates of future needs.
- Monitor menus and spending in order to ensure that meals are prepared economically.
- Maintain awareness of safety issues, and report them immediately to your manager.
- Perform all other duties as assigned including, but not limited to, cleaning, dishwashing, stocking supplies, etc.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Partial High School education required; High School Diploma/G.E.D. preferred.
- Culinary knowledge.
- Food Safety certified and strong sanitation habits.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
- Ability to recognize when a problem has occurred and communicate it to management.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit.
- Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for the entire work day.
- Climbing steps regularly.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in freezer, refrigerator walk-in and grill areas.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in fast-paced kitchen.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
Standard commercial cooking machinery and utensils.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
To apply online go to gsicareers.com/770505.htm
Child care workers
We are constantly on the lookout for mature male and female role models for our students. The position of Houseparent will work closely with our boys to ensure their care, security and safety. This position is full-time and comes with full benefits, but more importantly you will have the opportunity to make a difference in the life of a young boy. High school diploma required and childcare experience preferred. Details on how to apply can be found below.
How to apply: If interested please download an application using the links below.
Please send completed application to email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
or mail to:
Boys Home of Virginia
ATTN: Rebecca Skidmore
414 Boys Home Rd.
Covington, VA 24426